The Yellowknife Montessori School continues its innovative and adaptable approach to education while adhering to core Montessori philosophies and beliefs.
Benefits of the Yellowknife Public Montessori Program
The public Montessori program operates grades JK-5 at NJ Macpherson School through a multi-grade approach. Students enter the system through Montessori Junior Kindergarten and progress to Lower Elementary for ages 6-9 and Upper Elementary Classes for ages 9-12. Students who have gone through the public Montessori system typically continue in the Intensive French Program at William McDonald Middle School.
Contact us for more information about our YK1 Program.
2023 – 2024 Elementary After School Details
- REGISTER HERE FOR 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR.
- Current full-year (Sept 2022 – June 2023) elementary aftercare families will receive an email on April 11th for advanced registration. This does not apply to families that are in our pilot program (April – June 2023).
- Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will be for children in the Montessori Stream in grades JK – 1.
- Fees are on an equalized billing plan and are charged by pre-authorized debit on the first of each month, or next business day. Billing occurs from September – June. Fees for children 6 and older are $254/month. Monthly fees for children 5 & under are $105.60/month, because of the GNWT Child Care Subsidy.
- In September families will be charged a $50 membership fee.